Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pearl of the Stars

I haven't written in a while...life has been crazy lately. Work is work, which is normal, and has its own varying degrees of "crazy", but no matter...all is still normal, until today.

Today, I get an email basically telling me that at some point, no information as to when, but that at SOME POINT my position will be "decommissioned". Excuse me? What did you just say? Because I thought we were DONE with "realignments"? So, now, 6 months after you've all said we're done with letting people go, NOW you're telling me that I get to START worrying, for real? Well, isn't this fabulous!

Now, I know I'm not the only one that's had/having to deal with this sort of thing, clearly, but wtf? Now that my house costs more, my car costs more, gas costs more, both kids are going to need braces, my husbands work won't offer full time to anyone right now because there's an "18 month waiting list for full-time" - And I was actually having a good day! *sigh*

Is it too much to ask to keep my job long enough to finish school!? So I can feed my kids? This sucks...I hate this. I will feel better tomorrow, but I just want to give myself a short amount of time to really feel like crap about this. To soak it all in.

Then my office manager follows it with "at least you know Katherine* and Josh** will have your best interest in mind." Please note: Office manager is neither Katherine or Josh...so basically...let me know that said Office manager DOES NOT have my best interest in mind?? Really?? Thanks. Anything else I can do for you Office Manager? No really, I don't mind...anything at all! *smiles and nods* Sure I can come to your office to look at a photo of someone who works here, since you can't REMEMBER WHO THEY ARE, no, I don't mind at all...I think it's perfectly normal that you can't remember his name even though he's worked here for 2 years. REALLY!?

Whatever...it's almost 5 pm and then I'm going home, hugging the crap out of my kids, then reading quietly to myself after they go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment